Tuesday, April 7, 2009

It Didn't Happen Today



As I've blogged about before, I tend to struggle with living in the present. I find myself worried about the future a lot, especially in stressful times, instead of turning my concerns over to God as I have been taught.
So, I went to my homegroup last Friday and was listening to someone talk about this very topic. What she said was that sometimes at the end of the day, it's very helpful to remember that all those worries and concern DIDN'T HAPPEN TODAY. If I'm worried about losing a job, for instance, I can remember that it didn't happen today. All those bad things that are maybes and could happens and might happens DIDN'T HAPPEN TODAY.
What's more, the real lesson that was reiterated to me again was that when I actually take the right action and go to a meeting, I seem to hear exactly what I need to hear. It always ends up that way.

1 comment:

noncie said...

If you don' mind I think I am goin g to have a friend make a magnet out of it for a car or frig she does it well I think It would great. It could go for anything. " It Didn't Happen Today" How do I follow your website on eating diorder i really want to help I have a friend going through that. Nancy