Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Insight into Meditation with Author Sam Harris

I thought this video was extremely well done and informative. Harris makes some very insightful observations about human consciousness and the automaticity of thought. I love the part where he talks about finding some sort of calm awareness even if its just for a moment. When I found this video, I thought it would be a great resource for addicts/alcoholics who are agnostic or atheists to identify with the concept of spirituality and more specifically meditation while still maintaing there beliefs. Everyone has their own path to sobriety and happiness, none of which are right or wrong, but I thought this could help some struggling with spirituality to better understand the concept and benefits of meditation. For me personally, meditation has been a huge blessing in my life, helping lift depression and increase clarity in my thinking. I still practice meditation two to three times a day in 20 minute sessions, and I don't plan on stopping anytime soon!

No comments: